- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides moderate underfoot cushioning. This is Inov8's medium level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Injected EVA Foam for resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- Dynamic Fascia Band running from the heel to the forefoot acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and propelling the runner forward.
- Meta-Shank extends from the midfoot to the forefoot in a 5-finger fashion, for flexible underfoot impact protection.
- Race Ultra is a flatter trail outsole built with a low lug pattern. It is intended for use on both hard packed trails and occasional roads.
- Endurance Rubber for increased durability and grip on mixed terrain.
- Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- TPU Lacing System uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- 6mm Footbed for additional underfoot comfort.
- X-Static XT2 uses the properties of silver to combat bacteria growth, fighting odor and athletes foot.
The Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 is an exciting introduction to the Race Ultra line. Inov-8 fans will be pleased that the underfoot feel and grip that Inov-8 is famous for is not lost with some extra cushioning. As the namesake indicates, this shoe is built for long distances and will soon be gracing the feet of ultra runners everywhere.